The success of a business can easily be measured by the happiness of its customers and today customer satisfaction is more important than ever because social medial leaves no room for error. One bad review can taint your reputation and affect sales dramatically. Most companies understand the basics; treat your customers the way you would want to be treated. But the bigger key to success actually lies with the way you treat your employees. Seems like common sense, but the best way to manage a customer service team is to treat them the way you want your customers treated. Below are some great tips for making that happen.
- Trust – Employees want the respect and trust of their employers to be given the proper tools and authority to do their jobs. Knowing their decisions are trusted gives them confidence to make better decisions and create a better dialogue with customers.
- Honesty – People respect honesty. Just as employers expect employees to be truthful, the same goes for management. Keeping employees in the dark about product delays, or staff changes creates distrust and poisons team work.
- Empathy – Everyone has a bad day. Showing employees the same empathy you would show customers will go a long way in building a relationship that will motivate your sales team to perform at its best.
- Praise – Recognizing the small things your team does on a daily basis can deliver big returns. Everyone is keenly aware when they make a mistake, but small praise can lift a person’s day and encourage better performance.
Today more than ever employees want a relationship with their employer. They want to feel invested in, depended upon, and a part of the overall process. Treating your team this way will lead to improved employee attitude, competence and overall happiness and success!
Are you the Right Pick for our Customer Service Manager?
We are looking for someone to manage and be a part of our customer service team. Along with the criteria above, the best candidate would additionally have the experience and skills below:
Required Skills and Knowledge
- Must have some managerial experience.
- Must have print production experience, flexo based printing preferred.
- Solid computer skills with a proficiency in Excel.
- Must be well-organized and able to multi-task.
- Must use initiative and be able to effectively establish priorities.
- Must be results-oriented with meticulous attention to detail and quality.
- Must be flexible and adaptable, utilizing a methodical and logical problem-solving approach.
- Must maintain a positive outlook and exhibit a sense of urgency.
- Must be able to communicate confidently and concisely and establish/maintain a level of credibility with both internal and external customers.
- Must demonstrate strong leadership skills.
- Must be able to create and maintain strong working relationships.
- Must be dependable and reliable.
- Must possess and demonstrate a solid understanding of the value and importance of providing excellent customer service with all customers, both internal and external.
- Must be a forward-thinker with a continuous improvement mindset.
- Hands-on technical knowledge of printing processes and job flow is preferred. Must be cultivated and learned once on the job.
- Managerial: 3-5 years (Preferred)
Education: Must have a 4-year business degree, or an associate’s degree and comparable work.
Comments are closed.