Wine labels have become an effective marketing tool, as they often tell a story about the company or item being crafted. In some instances, the design makes the customer feel like they are part of the historical journey. Certain designs can also make them feel like they are getting a higher quality wine. Custom designs are an effective way to reach customers and to get them to choose your product among the astounding number of choices provided these days, but should you choose a foil label or a clear label? Below we examine the differences between the two and outline the pros and cons with either selection.
Pros of a Clear Wine Label
- Consumers can see the product from the front of the bottle. Nothing blocks the wine.
- Sometimes it appears as if the print is right on bottle.
- Since the label is clear, you can use the wine color as part of your label design.
Cons of a Clear Wine Label
- Adhesive can yellow over time.
- Adhesive can whiten in a water or ice bath.
- Sometimes clear labels can be hard to apply based upon the equipment you are using.
Pros of a Foil Wine Label
- Foil labels are associated with distinction and class.
- Foil represents status. Gold -Top, Silver -Second, etc.
- Foil comes in many different colors, allowing for good artwork flexibility.
Cons of a Foil Wine Label
- Foil is a premium and thus costs are a premium.
- Foil, when used as text, can sometimes be hard to read based upon the lighting available.
- Foil can sometimes have a hard time sticking to different label stocks and can appear “fragmented”.
Clear or Foil – Either Way Custom Wine Labels are the Right Choice
Custom wine labels provide the ability to create any design for the product rather than being limited with a pre-printed paper options. In the wine market, a general paper design does not measure up to the classy look you get with a foil or clear label. By creating a unique look, your product will become a distinguishable brand on each store shelf. Plus, custom designs provide increased flexibility, allowing you to create your own image, story, and tradition.
At Flexo-Graphics, our knowledgeable team will help you choose the right materials and processes to gain appealing, durable, custom wine labels. Choose a custom label with high-quality materials to stand out from the competition and set your brand apart. Our team will help you in the journey to finding the perfect wine labeling solution! Call us today, or fill out our contact form here.
Comments are closed.